SECTION 1: SIGNING UP
|Race||Early Bird Entry prices until Dec 31st 2016
||Jan 1st 2017 onwards
|Marathon||Affiliated £36 Unaffiliated £38||Affiliated £39 Unaffiliated £41|
|Half Marathon||Affiliated £31 Unaffiliated £33||Affiliated £33 Unaffiliated £35|
|10K||Affiliated £23 Unaffiliated £25||Affiliated £25 Unaffiliated £27|
|RBR||Affiliated £55 Unaffiliated £58
|Affiliated £60 Unaffiliated £63 Team £83|
|Junior||Affiliated £8 Unaffiliated £8|
- Is there a closing date for entry
- Can I enter on the day?
- Which event should I do?
- Can my kids enter?
10K minimum age limit for participants is 16 years old on the day of the event. Anyone born on or before October 7th 2001
Half Marathon minimum age limit for participants is 17 years on the day of the event. Anyone born on or before October 7th 2000
There are junior events available on October 8th for children aged 6-15.
- Is there an upper age limit?
No. All that we ask is that any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part should seek medical advice from a general practitioner prior to the event.
- I haven’t run in a proper race before? Can I still enter?
Absolutely! You should ensure you are are physically able to complete the event, it is advisable to try a few runs close to the distance you are looking to complete before the event, it’s not a race against the clock but a fun and safe way for you to find out how enjoyable running is and to hopefully start you running regularly.
SECTION 2: Getting to the event
- I don’t drive – can I get to the venue by public transport?
- How do I get to the start area from the car park?
- Can my dog run alongside me?
- Will you send me information in advance?
- What do I do if I lose my runner number?
SECTION 3: Fundraising
- Do I have to collect sponsorship? Is there a minimum I must collect?
- Where does my sponsorship and entry fee money go?
Your entry fee contributes to the running of the event and pays for all the site infrastructure, equipment, T-shirts, medals, goody bag.
- Can I take part in the event but donate my sponsorship to an alternative charity?
SECTION 4: On the Day
- Is there somewhere that I can park my car?
- If I have been sent my race number, do I need to register on the day?
- What if I forget my race number?
- What time does the race start? Subject to change – please keep an eye on the website and event emails in the run up to event day.
|Run Bike Run||13:00|
- Roughly how long will it take to complete the course?
10k: 30 minutes – 1 hour 40 minutes RBR: 2 hours – 4 hours Marathon: 2 hours 30 minutes – 6 ½ hours Half Marathon: 70 minutes – 3½ hours Remember – it’s not a race…. you can take your time.
- Does the course go on any public roads with traffic?
- How will I know which way to go?
- Will there be any other activities available?
- Will there be any refreshments?
Isotonic energy drinks will be available at regular intervals from 10km in the Marathon, Half Marathon and RBR.
- I’m injured can’t run what should I do?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inform the event team of your withdrawal. DO NOT PASS YOUR RACE NUMBER on to anyone else, it potentially puts them at a medical risk, we have no medical information or emergency contact details for them.
We do accept medical deferrals if provided with evidence of your injury from a GP or Physio. The deadline for medical deferrals is 4 weeks prior to the event.
- What happens if it rains?
- How difficult will the course be?
- Do I have to run the course?
- What facilities will be available?
- When will I get my running time?
- What is included in my race pack?
- Event Information booklet
- Timing chip (attached to number)
- Race number
- Why haven’t I received my entry pack?
If you entered before 18th September and you have not received your information pack by Wednesday 4th October please call us on 01434689040 or email email@example.com
- I need to collect my race number on the day where do I collect it from?
- Can someone take my place?
SECTION 5: General
- How can I get in touch with someone if I have further questions?
- Q. Can I volunteer at the event?
- Why is there an entry fee?
- I can’t run the race now can I have a refund?